Samstag, 5. Januar 2013

forever alive, forever forward!

Afoot and light-hearted I take the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.

Your road I enter upon and I look around, I believe you are not all
That is here,
I believe that much unseen is also here.

Highway I travel, do you say to me Do not leave me?
Do you say Venture not- if you leave me you are lost?
Do you say I am already prepared, I am well-beaten and
undenied, adhere to me
?

The efflux of the soul is happiness, here is happiness,
I think it pervades the open air, waiting at all times,
Now it flows unto us, we are rightly charged.

All parts away for the progress of souls,
Forever alive, forever forward,
Stately solemn, sad, withdrawn, baffled, mad, turbulent, feeble,
Dissatisfied,
Desperate, proud, fond, sick, accepted by men, rejected by men,
They go! they go! I know that they go, but I know not where
They go,
But I know that they go toward the best- toward something
Great.

Behold through you as bad as the rest,
Through the laughter, dancing, dining, supping of people,
Inside of dresses and ornaments, inside of those wash‘d and
Trimm‘d faces,
Behold a secret silent loathing and despair.

Allons! to that which is endless as it was beginningless.

W.W